ENROLLMENT KEY: password
This 4-hour online course for new Family Services Division employees will provide an overview of roles and responsibilities of the Division of Family Services, relevant law and policy that guide the Division’s work; key elements of the Family Services Practice Model and the Family Services Policy Manual; database navigation; and a review of the steps in the life of a child protection and youth justice case.
By the end of this training Family Services staff will have:
- Reviewed the organizational structure and the scope of the role and responsibilities held by the staff of the Family Services Division;
- Examined federal and state laws that drive the mission and framework of the Division;
- Reviewed the basis for the Family Services Practice Model and core practice principles of the Division;
- Explored the mandated reporting law and the centralized intake process and contrasted and compared the track assignments; Observed navigating through the databases that inform the work of Family Services;
- Discovered how child welfare and youth justice cases flow from intake to closure;
- Discussed supervision, performance evaluations and reviewed training requirements.
- Teacher: Cassie Gillespie